Directions & Parking Information for the Straz Center
The Straz Center is at:
1010 N. W.C. MacInnes Place
Tampa, Florida 33602
Some tools you can use to help you check traffic reports and plan your travel are mytbi.com or fl511.
Because of the ongoing congestion, if you use I-275 to travel to the Straz Center we recommend that you give yourself extra time and plan to arrive 60 minutes before your event or class start time. This should provide adequate time for you to deal with any traffic, lane closures, park and arrive at the theater.
- If you are traveling north on I-275, take the Ashley Street/West Tampa Exit #44 (old exit 25) to downtown. Once on Ashley Drive, go to the first traffic light and turn right on Tyler Street and go a half-block to the Straz Center.
- If you are traveling south on I-275, take the Downtown East-West Exit #45A to downtown. Please note that the exit point for Downtown East-West Exit 45A is well in advance of the previous Ashley Drive Exit #44. Follow the Ashley Drive sign. Turn right on Tyler street and go a half-block to the Straz Center.
- From the Orlando-Lakeland area, take I-4 west to I-275 South and take the Downtown East/West Exit #45A.
- From I-75 North or South, take I-4 West to Tampa then to I-275 South. Take the Downtown East/West Exit #45A.
- If you are coming via Bayshore Boulevard, go over the Platt Street bridge and turn left on Florida Avenue. Go straight 9 blocks, turn left on Tyler Street and drive three-and-a-half blocks to the Straz Center.
- From the Crosstown or Lee Roy Selmon Expressway east-bound, take Kennedy Boulevard and turn right on to Florida Avenue. Turn left on Tyler Street and go three-and-a-half blocks to the Straz Center.
Parking at the Straz Center
We suggest parking at the Poe Garage, which is located at N. Ashley Drive between W. Cass Street and W. Gasparilla Plaza. The Poe Garage is connected to the Straz Center by a covered pedestrian bridge. A portion of the parking fees supports the maintenance of the Straz Center. Parking at the Poe Garage is $6.
There is parking (including parking for the disabled) at the Arrival Plaza off Tyler Street. It is important that you arrive early if you plan to park at the Arrival Plaza. Prices are $7-$17 depending on Self Park or Full Valet (these prices are applicable for disabled parking as well). Valet accepts cash and checks but does not accept credit or debit cards.
There are parking lots available across the street from the Straz Center and east of the Ashley Plaza on Fortune Street. Parking at the Howard Johnson Plaza Downtown lot is $5 and parking at the Times Building lot I is $8. The Times Building lot II is $5.
Metered spaces are available at no cost after 6 p.m. along any of the surrounding streets.
Parking is first-come, first-served and prices are subject to change without notice.
Once You Get Here
Here is a campus map for your convenience.