SECURITY SCREENING AND BAG INSPECTION POLICY
Weapons of any kind, including firearms, pocket/utility knives or cutting instruments are strictly prohibited.
To ensure the highest level of safety and security for patrons attending events at the Straz Center, all guests may be subject to a courteous screening and bag inspection by the Straz Center Security Services Team before entering events the venue. Guests who refuse to allow the bag inspection may be denied entry. By attending an event at the Straz Center, guests consent to such inspections and waive any and all related claims against the Straz Center. Alcohol, weapons, or any items that the Security Services Team deems dangerous or inappropriate, may be confiscated and/or presented to law enforcement. No prohibited items will be accepted at the door for safekeeping. Exceptions can be made for guests with special needs.
• Weapons of any kind, including firearms, pocket/utility knives or cutting instruments
• Video cameras
• Professional photography and/or camera equipment
• Tripods or monopods
• Any type of portable chair or seat, other than those approved and required for accessibility
• Food or beverages, unless purchased at the Straz Center
• Coolers or containers, including cans and bottles
• Illegal drugs or substances
• Animals, other than service dogs
• Strollers or baby seats
• Flag poles
• Fireworks, pyrotechnics, flares or incendiary devices
• Laser pointers
• Segways or skateboards
• Noisemakers, bullhorns, air horns or vuvuzelas
• Helium balloons or beach balls
*This list is not all-inclusive and may change or be updated at any time without notice. Additional restrictions may apply.